Sunday, March 13, 2011

RETROSPECTIVE THOUGHTS OF A NAUGHTY BOY

i used to think that i can make folks like me or better still make them kinda fear me
they used to dread me and i thought it a good thing
the kid with the attitude, no one ever knew me
i just revealed bits of me and made me a puzzle, but all that's past now
though at times i wanna smack cats that try to act up when i'm try to show love
it's really so not cool when you're being put down
a taste of the medicine i cooked up made ma face just squeeze up
i feel i never should have let ma guards down cause now even clowns take shots at me
really so into me, i forgot the meaning of sacrifice
my pride above ma head made me act the way i think, a bad guy should
how can i let you make me feel so less of me?
acting like i had power but i misapplied the laws of power
i couldn't see beyond the cheap schemes i thought the whole world had corroded values
i still don't know different but i pray some day i know better
i keep striving towards perfection, a destination i see at the end of the tunnel
but every time i think i've reached it, it turns out what i thought was the light
is just someone lighting a joint or something
the distance is not a challenge, it's just a test of my resolve
the endurance is a measure of my mettle
the person lighting the joint is the temptation to abandon redemption
i think am beat now cause i've been going it my own way
so i try a new strategy and seek the superior being for direction
he told me i only had to look within me and i'll know if i'm on

No comments: